Wondering how to prepare for your boudoir session? Here are some tips!
- Choose your outfits carefully: Select outfits that make you feel confident and sexy. If you aren't feeling your outfit 100%, it will show in your images. Consider bringing a variety of options such as bodysuits, two pieces sets, and accessories. Don't forget to try on your outfits the day before to ensure that everything fits comfortably. Heels are also a great addition to any outfit, they offer a wide range of posing options. As always, the client closet is available for use if you don't have anything at home you love. I promise we will find you something!
- Hydrate and nourish your body: Drinking plenty of water and eating well before your session will help you look and feel your best. Avoiding consuming foods that cause you any discomfort. Please eat at least a small breakfast before your session! I hear all the time "I didn't eat a thing this morning to look my best". This is absolutely unnecessary and actually detrimental. These sessions are a workout and quite hard on your body. We want to make sure you have the energy to get through your session comfortably!
- Have a vision for your hair and makeup: Are you wanting full glam or something more natural? Dark and sultry eyes or a nice neutral tone? A bold, dramatic lip or just a swipe of gloss? Having an idea in mind to share with the hair and makeup artist gives them guidance in perfecting your look.
- Stretch: In the weeks leading up to your session, stretch for a few minutes each day to improve flexibility. We get into some pretty crazy poses so being warmed up will ensure comfort during your session.
- Relax and have fun: Remember, boudoir shoots are meant to be fun and empowering experiences. Try to relax and enjoy the process. I will be there every step of the way to guide you through the session and help you feel comfortable in front of the camera.
Follow these tips to walk into your session confident and ready to rock your shoot!